Account Settings

How do I update my membership profile?

  1. After signing in, visit the Account page;
  2. Click on Profile;
  3. Click on any of the profile categories;
  4. Make the necessary changes, and click Save Changes.

Can I change the name I registered with?

You can only change your registered name if you have recently married or divorced, or if you have changed your name by law. Please contact MyOpinions.

Can I change my username?

No, your username cannot be changed.

How do I change my password?

  1. Sign in, and visit the Account page;
  2. Click on Settings;
  3. Click on Change Password under Sign In Details;
  4. Enter your old password for security;
  5. Enter your new password, and enter it a second time to verify;
  6. Click on Save Changes.

Why does it say that my email address isn't working? It is correct

This is because we have experienced difficulty sending you email on 5 different occasions. The emails we have sent have been returned to us, marked "undeliverable."

To rectify this:

  1. If you have a Web mail account, check that your email account has not reached its storage limit. If necessary, you may need to delete some emails;
  2. Visit the Account Verification page;
  3. Under Email Address check that the email address displayed is 100% correct. If it's wrong, click on Change email address and make any changes necessary;
  4. If you are 100% certain it is correct, click on Send me a verification email;
  5. You should receive an email asking you to verify your new address. When you do, click on the link to verify.

If you do not receive the verification email, check your email program's junk mail folder to see if the verification email was filtered by your junk mail filter by mistake. 99% of the time this is the reason why someone can't find their verification email.

If you still do not receive the verification email, or if you try this procedure and you get the same message again, it means that we simply cannot send any email to the email address provided. Unfortunately this can happen for some email addresses due to network issues and it is beyond our control. You will need to use a different email address for your MyOpinions account.

I can only have mail delivered to a PO Box. What can I do?

We require your residential address for demographics purposes. Please enter your full residential street address under Street Address, then enter your PO Box address in the Postal Address field lower down on the page.

Why should I verify my account?

Safety and security is an important part of MyOpinions. One way you can help with security is to verify your account. Verifying your account is also required before you can cash out your rewards.

Why does MyOpinions need my phone number?

MyOpinions uses your phone number as part of the account verification process. Account verification is an important security measure.

The privacy of your phone number is assured. You will not receive telemarketing calls by supplying your number, as MyOpinions does not share members' phone numbers with any other company or organisation.

In the Preferences page in Account Settings, you do have the option to turn on telephone interviews. By turning on the telephone interviews option, you are indicating your preference to be contacted about surveys conducted over the telephone. But in these cases, you will be asked in an online survey if you want to participate over the phone, and at the same time you will be asked to provide a phone number specifically for that telephone survey. MyOpinions never shares the phone number that you supply in your account details.

How do I verify my mobile phone number?

  1. Ensure you are signed in, then click on Account in the main navigation bar;
  2. Click on Verification;
  3. To the right of the Mobile Phone No. area, click on Send me a verification code by SMS;
  4. After you have received the text message, return to the Verification page;
  5. Enter the 6 digit numerical code included in the text message and click Submit.

What should I do if I don't receive the mobile verification SMS?

If you don't receive the mobile verification SMS within 24 hours of requesting it, please contact MyOpinions with details of the mobile network you are subscribed to.

Why can't I change my mobile phone number?

You may not be allowed to make changes to your mobile phone number for one of the following reasons:

  • You have successfully updated and verified your mobile phone number within the last 2 months;
  • Or you have requested more than 2 verification text messages. If this is the case, please contact MyOpinions.

How do I verify my account if I don't own a mobile phone?

If you don't own a mobile phone, you can choose to supply a landline telephone number instead, such as your home phone or your office phone.

To verify a landline phone number, you will need to be beside the phone and ready to take a call.

  1. Ensure you are signed in, then click on Verification in the Account menu.
  2. If you haven't already, where it asks for a mobile phone number, enter your landline phone number instead. Don't forget to include the area code.
  3. Only proceed with this step if you are close to the phone and ready to take a call. Press Verify phone number, then press Yes, call me now.
  4. Our automated system will call you and read to you a 4 digit verification code. Enter that code in the space provided, and press Submit.

If you have trouble verifying your landline phone number, please contact MyOpinions.

How do I verify my postal address?

  1. Ensure you are signed in, then click on Account in the main navigation bar;
  2. Click on Verification;
  3. To the right of the Postal Address area, click on Verify my postal address;
  4. Your verification status will change to "Pending";
  5. Once your address has been verified, you verification status will change to "Verified." Please note that postal address verification may take up to 7 days.

Why can't I change my postal address?

Changes to your postal address will not be possible when you have a pending address verification. Allow up to 7 days for your address to be verified, and then you will be able to change your address.

What is the alternate email address used for?

Occasionally an email address can just stop working - any emails sent to it are "bounced back," kind of like when a letter is returned to sender with the message "not at this address." It can happen to any email address and for any number of reasons. For example, if you go away on holiday and stop checking your emails for a while, your email account will start filling up with emails and may eventually become full. Once your email account is full, your email provider will no longer accept any email to your email address - the email will be returned to the sender with the message "over quota."

If MyOpinions sends you an email but it is sent back because your email address is undeliverable, we need an alternate method to contact you and notify you of the problem. If you don't fix the problem, you can miss out on lots of reward points. By providing an alternate email address, MyOpinions can send an email to your alternate address to notify you if your main email address isn't working.

Your alternate email address will only be used to notify you of a problem with your primary email address. It will never be used to send actual surveys, nor will it ever be shared with any other person or company.

Providing an alternate email address is optional, but highly recommended.

How do I cancel my membership?

  1. Sign in to the MyOpinions website;
  2. From the Account page, click on Settings;
  3. Click on to Cancel this account;
  4. Click the checkbox to indicate you would like to cancel your account;
  5. Provide a reason for cancelling;
  6. Enter your password, and click Cancel.